HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH TOMS RIVER FIRE COMMISSIONERS, DISTRICT NO. 2
Toms River Fire Commissioners, District No. 2 is a government entity, and all purchases must be made through a purchase order/voucher system.
- The vendor must have a purchase order number before any purchase can be charged to the Board’s account with the vendor. Anyone bearing a Toms River Fire Commissioners, District No. 2 purchase order has the authority to make that purchase.
- If the price on the purchase order is not accurate, please call the Board office at 732-363-2245 with the correct figure and insert it on the purchase order in the “Total Actual Cost” column.
- If there is a question on the quantity or description on the purchase order, please call the Business Administrator at 732-363-2245.
- In accordance with the New Jersey Prevailing Wage Act (N.J.S.A. 34:11-56-25 et seq.) all services over $2,000 must be at prevailing wage.
- Any vendor providing goods or services in the amount of $2,625 or more to Toms River Fire Commissioners, District No. 2 must provide a Business Registration Certificate.
- The shipping address for Toms River Fire Commissioners, District No. 2 is 257 Warner Street, Toms River NJ 08755. Deliveries are accepted during normal business hours.
- All purchases made by Toms River Fire Commissioners, District No. 2 are tax exempt per N.J.S.A. 54:32B-9(a)(1). Please be sure that no invoice includes sales tax.
- The vendor is to sign the original purchase order at the bottom left side under “Claimants Certification & Declaration” above the title of “vendor” and return it to the Toms River Fire Commissioners, District No. 2 office for payment.
- Please submit two copies of your itemized invoice and include the purchase order number on all shipping labels, shipping slips, acknowledgements, and invoices.
- Payment will be made after the item is received, the invoice is received, and the original signed voucher (white copy) is received by the Board office from the vendor.
- Vouchers and bills received within 24 hours of the bill paying meeting will not be approved until the following month.
- Bills are approved for payment at the Board meeting held on the first Wednesday of each month.